Insurance UK and Europe

We have made special arrangements for our members to receive a discount insurance policy from our preferred insurance company. Policy premium is based on an individual basis and can fluctuate based on the number of modalities you need covered, past claims history etc. Our preferred insurance company will provide you with a quote that best fits your individual needs. Below you will find the Main Key Facts to the policy.

Insurance Key Facts

Your insurance includes:

  • Public Liability (Indemnity Limit £5,000,000 per insured person or business: £10,000,000 available on request)
  • Malpractice Cover & Professional Indemnity (Indemnity Limit £5,000,000: £10,000,000 available on request)
  • Products Liability (for items sold in connection with your insured business)
  • Working from home, at a client’s home, or at any owned, rented or hired premises anywhere in the world excluding the USA/Canada
  • Damage to rented/hired third party premises
  • Accidental loss or damage to your business stock and equipment
  • Overall Limit £5,000: Single item limit £1,000: excluding mobile phones
  • Libel & Slander
  • Breach of confidentiality, negligence or breach of duty of care
  • Website and e-mail infringement arising from the promotion, marketing and advertising of your insured business
  • Additional Legal Expenses (Currently only available in the UK & Ireland)
  • Geographical coverage: World Wide (Great if you work ‘on-line’ from the EEA or the UK but do not have assets or interests overseas)
  • Jurisdiction: World Wide excluding the USA & Canada (Cover may be available on request)
  • Indemnity to principals
  • Member to member liability included
  • Retro-active date 2006 or since the date you have held Medical Malpractice/Liability insurance without break or interruption
  • 12 months run off cover to allow for periods when you might not be working
  • On-line teaching and pre-recorded teaching is included. However, you should also consider additional media insurance, which is beyond the scope of this insurance
  • Loss of Reputation extension
  • Emergency First Aid and Good Samaritan Acts included

Important conditions

  • All premiums to be paid by PayPal, credit/debit card or Bacs/Bank Transfer
    a. In GB pounds for UK policies
    b. In Euros for EU policies
  • The Insurance is provided on a 12 month basis. No premium returns are made unless canceled within the 14 day cooling off period
  • Employer’s Liability cover is not included but can be added
  • An excess of £250.00 applies to the business stock & equipment extension

Available levels of indemnity

We believe that teachers and students alike should be adequately protected so we provide all of our policy holders with an indemnity of £5,000,000 which is the amount required by most Councils, the NHS and other similar authorities and institutions. A higher limit of £10,000,000 is available at an additional cost upon request.

Special features

The Foyht policy wording is exceptionally wide and will be adequate for most individuals and micro enterprises. If your business has developed beyond “you” it may be beneficial to consider your requirements on a Business Combined basis to include other Commercial Insurance Risks.

Please call for information and advice: Tel: 01367 246130 e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Unlike most policies, your Foyht policy is operative World Wide other than the USA/Canada so feel free to practice your therapy(s) around the world in the knowledge that you are fully insured.

Currently, the policy is only available to those resident or working full time in:
a. The UK b. The EEA c. South Africa

A list of the therapies we currently insure is available on our website. If you are practicing a therapy not on the list please call and tell us all about it. We would love to hear from you so that we can make our list of therapies and activities all encompassing.

Who needs insurance anyway?

Third Party Liability insurance is not compulsory in the UK. However, some organisations do insist that you carry Public Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance and Medical Malpractice Insurance.

You are advised to consider insurance under these headings to protect yourself against claims from Third Parties for alleged personal injury or property damage.

Employer’s Liability Insurance is compulsory in the UK (and most other countries)

As soon as you “employ” anyone to help, you must consider Employer’s Liability Insurance.

Take care: volunteer assistants and “labour only subcontractors” can be (and usually are) considered “employees” when there is an injury whilst working whether paid or unpaid.

The Insurance outlined above is suitable for “Sole Traders”: that is to say, individuals working on their own account.

It is also suitable for groups of individuals working together providing each of the individuals carry their own adequate Third Party Liability Insurance.

If, as a sole trader, you employ others to work with you, you will also need Employer’s Liability Insurance. We recommend that you consider a small “combined” policy if you regularly employ and organise helpers and assistants.

If you own (or plan to own) premises, we recommend you consider our Holistics Surgery Policy. Written on a Commercial Combined basis, this contract can include buildings, contents, business interruption and liabilities.

If you work from home, it is imperative that you advise your home insurers of this. Many home insurance policies exclude “working from home”.

We have negotiated special home insurance terms for our Holistic Therapy clients that specifically includes working from home. Our Holistic Therapy clients all qualify for a 10% discount on their home insurance.

Practitioner working at home: Combined Medical Malpractice, Public and Product Liability, Homework Policy, and Stock and Equipment cover is recommended.

Student: Combined Medical Malpractice, Public and Product Liability Insurance for case studies on and off campus.